Thursday 5 March 2015

5 in 5 - MELANIE - March 2015


 Melanie is my friend who lives in Australia and she loves photography. Every month Melanie has taken part in this monthly neme and we managed to find a way round her not having a blog by posting here. I love that we have found a way for her to take part so once again Melanie, over to you:

So here we are in March.  It is a busy time of year for Adelaide with the fringe festival, the Adelaide Arts festival, Womadelaide and my favourite event Writers’ Week.  I just love Writers’ Week which is six whole days when we can listen for free to writers from around the world talking from 9:30am until 6pm.  As I sat under the blue shades today listening I looked at the programme and realised today was March 5th and the 5 in 5 day.  There were many superb leaf patterns silhouetted into the sky that I imagined would look good in my 5 in 5 selection however I did not have my camera and had to wait until I got home to snap my shots.  The sky was still blue and the trees and bushes around my garden gave silhouettes just as good and here they are:- the top LHS is a section of my miniature roses,  the top RHS is our Queensland Blue Gum, the middle LHS shows leaves from our grape vine, the middle RHS is a flower and a bit of a leaf on the hibiscus bush and finally the bottom shot is of branches on our palm tree. 

 
 
As always, a big thank you to Melanie for sending these photos, I love the different shape and colour leaves.  There is so much to see if we take time to look.
 
So if this has inspired you to pick up your camera and take part in this challenge you have until 25th before this months link closes.
It's great fun and this post should answer any questions or give other information that you need.
 

 
Links for this months post are here and hopefully I'll be back with more photos from Melanie and myself next month. I hope you will join us and thanks for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love your five this month Sandie, particularly the palm leaves. I'm sorry to be such a dolly but I can't find the link for this month. The one in your post directs me to February, can you help?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...